The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

the deafening sound of silence

i have so much to say....so many things to share. my kids are getting in the way of my blogging life, as today will be another incredibly busy day with drs appts, swim meets, et al. i have several drafts started, on hold, waiting....

until then, just so my fingers and brain don't stop my new and exciting blogging life, i will post a poem that i wrote a couple of weeks ago. here at the hungry hearts clubhouse, we were without phone service or the internet for a whole week! it was a quiet and reflective time for me. in fact, it was then that i decided to open up my life to the world (wide web) once our service was resumed. here are my thoughts from then. the ones that sent me on this journey:



The hours tick, tick, tock by so slowly
each sound the clock makes
reminds me of the rhythmic pounding
of my heart
the relentless aching
that beats so heavily in my chest
ironies never escape me
this one just the same
the quiet calm
no contact with the outside world
and its endless web of distractions
just me alone
and my thoughts
and this incessant tick, tick, ticking
reminding me
that time is passing by
with no resolution
stuck in limbo
why don’t
half full plus half full
equal
all the way full?
My fate has been an interesting one
well documented and told
my search is the essence of who I am
its continued quest
more stories to be lived and re-told
a work in progress
is the life for me
it is my destiny
to boldly go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1