The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Friday, June 30, 2006

my fucked up health

it drives me batty. yesterday was another depressing annoying visit to my hemotologist. after we analyzed my blood numbers, he actually said to me "you're a pain!" me? to him?? (i know he was trying to be cute. he often does this. but its annoying!!) this is all cuz my numbers won't cooperate. for 25+ yrs i have been slowly, steadily inching up the worrisome scale....getting worse....its beyond my control. its my bone marrow for god's sake! it is really the essence of why i am HERE, getting my thoughts out once and for all. before i can't.

i could easily be the first of my friends to die. for real. i have a sister blood disorder to leukemia (which granny died of suddenly at young age) inching along, having complications, numbers higher and higher. i am getting worse....needing more meds....13 pills/day (not a vitamin in the bunch) more than all avg patients....who are usually all OLD!! (60s+) i'm ALWAYS the youngest in the waiting room.

the good news? i look hot and i feeel fine. (for the most part) i am still learning as i go along thru life, and i am living life to the fullest. boldly going. you never get a hit unless you swing the bat. i must admit tho, there is an awful underlying feeling of hurry-up-and-have-fun. that sucks.

believe it or not, i already know my tombstone epitaph:
At Least She Looked Good
its catchy, its tongue-in-cheek, and its true. i must admit, it helps so much when people say to me, "oh no?! but you look so good!" thanks.
this is a perfect example of the extremes that make up my life. no grey areas. its all black or white. bad health/feel good. great husband/sucky sex. no family/husbands family. madly, passionately in love with another man/not gonna happen. ever again.
in a way, that is the single thing that hurts the most. its always the one thing that consistantly brings the tears.
peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger figleaf said...

Hey, Heart. You might want to cruise by Emma Native's blog, Bubblegum Meltdown (http://bubblegummeltdown.blogspot.com/) She's in a position similar to yours (with her it's kidneys) and has a separate-but-equal outlook to yours.

For the record I think "At least she looked good" could be equally true when you're 85 as when you're 40 so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your loved ones.

Take care,

figleaf

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1