The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Friday, September 15, 2006

respect

maybe its a good thing i have nothing to say
it certainly gave way to him voicing his concerns
he told me he felt like a bad dad,
and a bad husband
he told me that he had to distance himself
he told me that he was sorry
more times than i can count

he apologized
that the timing was so bad
just when i needed him the most
when my world came crashing down on me
he apologized

why then do i feel so sad
because i am in mourning
for a love yet to be found
one that i know i can never, ever have
starving for the attention
from the one who can't give it
nor should he, if he was able

respect
thats the word that keeps coming to mind
my respect for him for doing the right thing
regardless of the circumstances
tho they were misguided, and abrupt at times
he did the right thing
for all the right reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1