The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

a blanket

i've lost my voice
its no where to be found
time has served no warning
no backward glance
i only speak in metaphors
like twinkly sparkles in the sand

yesterday was no accident
the girl i noticed so
with the flippy hair
and straight white teeth
a rehab nurse, imagine that
brain trauma center
on my bus, with me
to chaperone a bunch of high school
band geeks

the reality of my situation
has not gone un-noticed
there are people who care and worry about me
the situation is still unfolding
like a blanket in the breeze
always fluid
everchanging

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your voice...within me...is clear and bright. The reality of the "situation" has sharpened and clarified it.

Embrace the painful freedom. Revel in it. It is a gift. We are refugees from a storm...tossed up on a lonely shore that only those who have endured the doomed, passionate trip can recognize. Still soaked and bruised...and oh, so very hungry.

This one, who cares and worries, is on that beach too. Waiting patiently. You are strong. You are courageous. Fear never wins. Take that walk. There is nothing to lose but our chains.

Submitted from the heart..for what it's worth...and with love.

G

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1