The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Race for Hope



the big race day!
the weather was glorious
breezy, sunny
not too cool
or warm
just perfect

at least 30 of ellie's peeps
ran, walked, jogged
rick pushed me in the wheelchair
decorated with colorful wire
and tinsel
zoe made the sign
that showed so proud
al made all the 'ellie's peeps'
tee shirts for ALL of us
complete with actual pictures
of Peeps in different colors.
too too cute i tell you!

the survivors got in front
they led the charge.
of those that ran,
they were gone
in a POOF!
the others walked with me
it was so inspiring
thousands of us
last count i heard was
6,000 people!
i was moved to tears.

but, as i sat in my wheelchair
looking at everyone's backs
near and far,
i was struck by the messages
people were wearing:
In Loving Memory of ....
everywhere
there were waay more people
with messages of loss,
than there was messages
of hope
and survivors

perhaps in a year or two
my name will be on
someone's back

i can wait

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1