The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

all aboard!

as the years go on
they move so fast
a blur of images
like a passing in a train
its hard to focus
on just one thing
don't dwell on what has passed
you'll miss your
next stop

the destination is yet unknown
but we are on a straight course
heading right there
I see it calling to me
there off in the distance
waving frantically
so I will stay
on track

with all my strength
with all my might
I push and I pull
toward the final leg
of a journey that has been
long and arduous
gratifying and profound
learning as I go along
trying not to pass the same
old landmarks twice

this is the time
to seek out the new
to look beyond the next bend
visualize the rewards
that waits patiently for you
further down the line

3 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

Thank you for your words. They are very packed with power.

Great blog by the way. I shall return.

6:29 AM  
Blogger ms. hungry heart said...

omg!! i am flattered beyond words.

thanx. :o)

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When I was young, I spent my summer days playin’ on the track.
The sound of the wheels rollin’ on the steel took me out, took me back.

Big train from memphis, big train from memphis,
Now it’s gone gone gone, gone gone gone.

Like no one before, he let out a roar, and I just had to tag along.
Each night I went to bed with the sound in my head, and the dream was a song.

Well I’ve rode ’em in and back out again - you know what they say about trains;
But I’m tellin’ you when that memphis train came through,
This ol’ world was not the same.

Big train from memphis, big train from memphis,
Now it’s gone gone gone, gone gone gone."

- John Fogarty

Most of the time I feel as if my last train started rolling as I chased it...picking up just enough speed so that it was just "this" far out of my reach. I couldn't (wouldn't) run fast enought to catch it. Now all I see is the last car diappearing into the night..forever. Now I'm stuck here for a while.

They say that there is always another train right behind the one you missed. Is there? Where will it take me? Is a life just a series of train rides to unknown destinations...we hop on hoping for something good, and then realize that a lot of where we are going is out of our control completely. We can jump off when it's moving, but that's dangerous...or wait for a station, get off, and just wait for another one to come along...someday.

Just a few thoughts from the observation car...

Keep writing, YOU have quite the way with words! *wink*

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1