The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

subtle understanding

i am at the end (beginning?) of a long tunnel
my perspective is lengthened by
the vast division i feel
between ME
and the-rest-of-the-world

i feel so detached,
so seperated by a lifetime of differences
cultural, medical, economic, dysfunctional and abusive.
here's to those that blossomed under the best of conditions
and those of us that did not
i will basque in your light
and find strength there
i must stay strong
treading water frantically

lonely in a crowd of people,
my life may be ending within a decade or two
i feel further away than ever
i am watching you all from waaaay over here,
and see the chasm between us growing ever wider.

i never had the opportunity to feel tethered
grounded
held firm
protected
i thought i did
but i see i was wrong.

so its one big, long, vast expanse
the deeper i get
the further i go from here
the more comfort i feel there,
waiting for me
on the other side

a collective of souls
all reminding me to be patient and realistic
understand my gifts
and limitations
a quiet inner resolve
giving me strength
and a sharper focus
my hungry heart must be filled

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1