The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Monday, July 31, 2006

the discovery channel

the intense heat
of these extreme summer days
sizzing outside,
and inside too
a fire that is burning
deep inside the ground
chemicals to inject
a burning hell

like the TV show
about pompeii
i saw last nite
hot explosions
of misery and fear
raining down

stopped in their tracks
right where they stood
life in motion
frozen in time
forever memorialized
cut
down

but
some survived
escaped the pain
reached freedom
to life anew
planted new roots
start from scratch
begin again

the key to success?
they got out early
before
the weight of the world
shed its terror
bearing down on them
over and over
buried
before it was too late

for me
only time will tell
how long i lingered
and rode the wave
toward a new home
or a premature grave
like my grandma esta
cut down
taken away
in no time at all

i am pleased with the journey
my life is rich
it has been fun
i am happy with my choices
live life to the fullest
as deep and wide as i go
tho it is no secret
my heart hungers for more,
i am a surviver
to hell and back
again and again
i can take the heat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1