The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

its my birthday!

the timing
the irony
starting my blog
meeting my biggest health crisis
Head On
i have a brain tumor
happy birthday to me

it sucks big time
its hard to believe its real
flowers, cards, and well wishes
trinkets, gifts and toys
tell of an alternate reality
the tangible one
the one to hold on to and cherish

yet
it seems that i have developed
a bit of a 'tude
please people!
stop looking at me
with big sad eyes

i am sick for no goddamn reason
an overdose of meds if you will,
trying to treat the problem
of the hand i have been dealt
more questions than answers
no solutions at hand
all attempts at quieting the storm
only creates more
chaos.

my quest has become more important
than ever,
my hunger
more insatiable.

a birthday to remember indeed

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

A happy belated birthday to you Ms. HH and I shall pop in more often to sit a spell and visit with you. Take care birthday girl!

10:07 AM  
Blogger ms. hungry heart said...

aww thanx.

B-I-G smiles! :o)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1