The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Friday, July 21, 2006

missing

Have you seen my friend?
He used to come around
we would talk about lots of things
politics, sports, homelife,
the cute things our kids say

then, at other times
our talks would be
so thrilling and exciting,
erotic and sensual
the adrenaline coursing
thru our veins
pure joy and glee
riding, like in waves
soothing me to my core

Have you seen my friend?
He is wise and profound
youthful and reckless
I used to feel his spirit
inside me, a warm glow
making me breathless
and filling a void long unattended

The warmth and good cheer has vanished
A cool breeze now fills the air
the place he used to be
once so fulfilling and comfortable
hot and sexy,
now lies empty
with a silence so deafening
its screaming in my head.

Have you seen my friend?
He does not know of my recent
health crisis
his soft calming voice
would be like a warm blanket
soothing me
protecting me
giving me strength

i miss him so
now,
more than ever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1