The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Friday, July 14, 2006

seize the day?

whoo boy, have i had quite the past few days.

wednesday morning, here at home, i was talking to my darling daughter one moment.....next moment i realize that i was in the emergency room of our local hospital!! evidently i had a seizure!! fortunately my husband was home too, and while he held me (and watched me shake, rattle and roll my eyes back in my head) darling daughter called 911. i have no recollection of anything at all....just waking up in the emergency room!

it was a l-o-n-g day, being poked and prodded, tested and re-tested.....eight hours worth, in fact.

this morning i had a follow-up MRI, next tues is an EEG, then friday is my appt with the neurologist. according to our state law, a person cannot drive a car for at least six months when they have had a seizure. that means mid winter before i can drive?? nuh uh, i don't think so....

my blood disorder has given me several mini strokes. (one time i lost the use of my right arm for hours!!) anyway, the theory is that it is the scarring on my brain from these strokes, that has created this seizure situation. my brain is having little short circuits. according to the docs i have spoken with thus far, this will likely happen again!!! you know what that means?? MORE MEDS!!!!! oow goodie. as if 13 pills a day is not enough!!

i am so angry and scared and worried.....so is my family. this sucks, BIG time!

i am supposed to go to an all-nite-girls-out-sleepover tonite. i have a HUGE party tomorrow nite. i've got places to go, people to see, my life to live!!

ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

Hang in there. Seizures are rough but usually rougher for the people who see you having them. My daughter had seizures for many years. Thank God they are under control now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.Now this is something I never thought we'd have in common!! lol Keep smiling!!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1