The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Monday, July 24, 2006

a real 'sit-down'

finally had a sit-down today, with my fav doctor of all time: my neurologist, faye.

SHE is the only one who took the time to SHOW me what i am dealing with. i saw the MRI's! its waaay bigger than i thought. jeez, drs get excited about little itty bitty calcifications in my breast...BUT the size of this puppy was pretty big! a stretched out nickel-size...in the middle of my fucken brain. the area that controls the sensations i feel. (on my right side. it sits in the left brain. its the way we humans work...)

anyway, we discussed and analyzed every single event that i seem to be having. my right side doesn't seem to be working as well as my left. i need to determine whether there has been permanent damage...thereby establishing a new baseline for comparison....OR....do i need more antiseizure drug to quiet the smaller seizures that appear to be happening thruout the day(s). she and i will talk again this friday to get a sense of whats what. its interesting, in a morbid sort of way. thank god i have her as my advocate. she is looking out for me.

all i know is that at this point: 2 weeks out from the seizures, i feel off. something is not right. it really sucks. big time. no highs, no lows. total ambivilence. moderately annoyed in fact...

add into the mix: frustrating sex with hubby and NO gift (its ok, i understand), NO birthday reach-out from 'old friend' (1st time EVER), well meaning but annoying girlfriends, extreme fatigue, dirty house and feeling like a trapped, caged (albeit limping) animal. will i ever feel normal again?

when it rains, it pours.
monsoons. deluges. tsunami my world....

i am not scared, goddamn it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hh(e),
i've been following your blog. your seizures and benign tumor really suck. i wish there was something i could do for you. also, did you not get a gift for your birthday, from your home? am i reading this right?
let me know if i can help you in any way. i'm yours, d

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1