The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

the light at the end of the tunnel

i have no voice
there are no words
desperate isolation works
just as good as any
but yet, i know
the truth will set you free
there is goodness to be found here

do i allow my well meaning friends and neighbors
to talk about anything other than this
it has robbed me of my speech
i can't believe how dumb i feel
stammering in silence
my hand up to my face
why oh why
this can't be me,
can it?

do i allow my well meaning husband
to look at me, at first in silence
now avoiding me like the plague
the pain in his eyes is palpable
there is much hurt there
should i continue to serve my fancy
tho it ceases to be
do i reach out to him
yet still?

i think i may have learned
the meaning of no
it doesn't have to be that bad
it doesn't have to hurt
it should lift you up
it should hoist you high in the air
again and again and again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1