The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

failure is NOT an option

failure is not an option.

i need 6-8 yrs minimum....preferably more

i am NOT in this to lose.

soooo, i had a brainstorm!
(har har!)

i have been in the jewelry business for nearly 20 yrs. me and liz. like sisters.

we (ALL the girls and i) have been talking about some kind of "ya-ya" sisterhood bracelets for all of us....something that we can wear that gives us solidarity

why not design and create something that goes to brain tumor research in MY HONOR?

its given me hope and inspiration

something to look forward to. charms that say:

no day but today

Gray Matters (in the shape of a twisted ribbon)

there's no place like HOPE

courage, strength, bravery

et al

....and then of course, after my demise, the obligitory: *E* Memorial Fund.....

we could sell them at the store!

sheer genius!


but can i pull it off....?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear, Sweet Friend

I’ve been reading your blog but haven’t been able to find what seemed like the right words with which to add to your own simple eloquence. Everything I start to say sounds so inadequate…so weak, lame and cliché. What to say to someone who is facing the hard facts that you are? Especially if it’s someone who you truly care about as a kindred spirit, confidante and friend. If one hasn’t walked in your shoes, how can they know how it feels? So I’ll just open up my veins and let the stream of consciousness flow freely, as you are used to me doing.

I am so glad that you have found the unlimited love and strong support you need and deserve, right at home…not that I am surprised at all. He’s a great MAN…a real MAN, in every sense of the word and in all the ways that really matter. How great to fall in love again, no matter what the circumstances, likewise, the outpouring of love and affection from family and friends. Your descriptions of the above always brings me a joyous feeling every time I read them. In the midst of an ordeal, you are blessed.

The ideas about the jewelry are what originally set me off to write today. BRAINSTORM…too fucking funny. It’s also an inspired concept indeed. You CAN pull it off, my dear. It’s not that if anyone can do it you can….it’s that ONLY you can pull it off. Oh, and please don’t forget something for us guys who love you to buy and wear too, ok?

Fight, scratch, claw, bite and kick for every moment of every day baby. Please know that I am here for you anytime and that I think of you and pray for you every day, with all the pure love of friendship that I can muster.

XOXOXOX

G

3:11 PM  
Blogger ms. hungry heart said...

you are too kind.

i AM inspired....to LIVE and to love.

i am so glad you checked in. your words mean a lot to me. i think about YOU all the time too....

i cry every. single. day.
sometimes they are tears of joy, sometimes just soooo sad.

i am blessed in the most ironic sense there is. its very bittersweet indeed.

oh, and my jewelry line?
"GRAY Matters" ribbons/charms, et al. (get it?)

with any luck, here's hoping you'll see me on Oprah yet with a great success story....

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been checking in on your blog every day darlin'. Up till now I was just speechless...rendered mute by the implications of all that you are going through. There were moments that I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.

Gray Matters is simply brilliant. Oprah would only be the beginning. Don't wait...DO IT!! It's more than an inspired idea...it's a mission.

G

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1