The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

moon face

4 out of 30 radiation treatments under my belt
they get progressively worse over time
a cumlative total
zapped into my brain
they make me feel really weird
like jolts into my head
and it will make me lose my hair
i can already feel where it burns


yet, i am so bouyed by the love i feel. for someone who never got it on the front end, i sure ended up with it on the back end. i feel so fortunate. i have everything in place, my home is my sanctuary. the colors, the warmth. here, i feel safe. protected. the other day my friend said i made her day, by doing so good! my doctor asked me for a hug today. we are all in this together!!

.....and i must THANK my dr. mcdreamy (grey's anatomy reference for MY neuro-surgeon) for leaving my hair intact. he was good, and vain. he understood. i remember his nice white teeth.
costa rican gentleman. bless him, bless him....

hubby and i are falling in love all over again.
we ARE joined at the hip. we ARE a great team. i will take what i can get from him in a heartbeat. we laff a lot. we ARE a love story in progress....

i cry a lot
tears of joy and blessings. tears of fears.
i must be ready
i must make some important decisions:
like those that hubby must face
how incapacitated i will accept
it sucks.
i'll never be OLD
i am the ALWAYS the youngest
girl in the doctor's waiting room

but will i ever be the same?
my short-term goal is just to dance.
the end-all, be-all, of ALL that is ME.
it is gonna be hard work
cuz i am impaired
NO muscle mass at all
just skin and bones
and slow, slow, slow

its an uphill climb
toward
what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1