The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

i had brain surgery

my world fell apart
everyone said i was acting so weird
i kept crying a lot
so so so much

faye suggested last friday
that i get my tail in there
be proactive
take the bull by the horns

the cat scan showed that it had in fact grown
i have staples in my head
multiple glioma
the most aggressive,
but also the most treatable

dr mcdreamy did my surgery
i sat in there for nearly a week
now they have me at a hospital for rehab,
fortunately close to home to home
(as opposed the one which was far)
i start my treatments radiation, chemo
at yet another hospital
hopefully i will be out of here too
and can begin the healing process
at home

i have a team working with me
my friends and neighbors have all been wonderful
everyone comes by to offer their condolences
and food.
i don't want their pity
i just want my dignity

i am scared
i am worried that i won't see my kids grow up
walk them down the aisle
kiss my first grandchild

i miss my old friend
i wish i could share this with him
perhaps i can

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only just started reading you. Still, my heart and prayers go out to you. I hope you can find the strength to beat this. Just know that there are folks out here in the www pulling for you too.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find your friend....find him, find him, find him...
You will know what to tell him.
I know...I too had brain surgery and I am scheduled for more.
DO not let this precious time slip through the hourglass...
Kindest thoughts...

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a feeling that something like this had happened. Please forgive me for my silence...I have lost my voice as well.

Every ounce of me is sending prayers and strength your way. You WILL win sweetie. Keep the faith.

I love you,

G

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1