The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

a bittersweet surprise

yesterday i had my final fitting
for my plastic mesh mask
they are making all the final marks on it
it will hold my head in place
clamped down
it took what seemed like
forever

but then,
they offered me an opportunity
to get started with my
treatments
right away
was i interested?
it would make it a long day,
but we could get started
NOW
then the chemo pills last nite
to top it off

i jumped
bring it on
lets get this party started!

i was most anxious
the chemo drug was the unknown
but i made it thru the nite
without hurling
the first nite is supposed to be the worst
i feel extremely funky today
headache, sore thoat, shakey
but otherwise OK
(and s-l-o-w)

10:45 daily is my radiation
for six weeks, five days a week.
i will lose my hair in big old splotches
on both sides of my head.
how lovely
good thing i look good in hats

3 Comments:

Blogger El Cuervo said...

I've been reading your blog for some time and I finally decided I had to post a comment. I just want to wish you the best and I hope that things will work out fine. You are a true inspiration, a very strong woman that will overcome all this.

Good luck again!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray every day for you...
You are not alone in this...

11:50 PM  
Blogger ms. hungry heart said...

wow.

the outpouring of LOVE is overwhelming.

what i may have missed out on the front end of my life, is more than made up for at the end.

my legacy

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1