The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

OUR bracelets arrived!



it was the most amazing experience of my life!

they came marching down the street....like a parade....all wearing the "believe in miracles" bracelets...carrying balloons....all 41 of them! faces i had not seen. faces of those from long ago. it was not a matter of who WAS there, it was a matter of who was NOT there. i was blown away. we ARE all in this together! the solidarity i felt was humbling. the bracelets are anchors. anchors, holding me here on earth.

the balloons? they went to heaven without me!

my friend alice, says that the legacy i leave, lies not in a piece of jewelry, but in the long line of people i have touched in my life. she was the one who coordinated the bracelets (evidently there were 51 ordered! can you say WOW?)so she had the opportunity to speak with so many. she says my strength, my courage, my humor, my gratitude, my sheer will, with happiness and LOVE are my LEGACY. that it already exists...

--------------


now if i could only do something about this long road ahead of me, i would be a happy woman. the doctor says the muscle mass will not return on its own. its gonna take months and months of hard work....use it or lose it. i am having trouble getting myself into the car, up the stairs, moving in bed. i keep falling.

losing is NOT an option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1