The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Friday, November 17, 2006

revisited 22

22


its been following me all. my. life.

every time i look at the clock
for example
its 22 after the hour
which happens to be my birthdate
but consistantly
day after day, week after week
year after year

every date
every receipt
every ticket, coat check or otherwise
barefootgirl22
and 'the' birthday

oh, and lets not forget the date I was admitted to the hospital
September 22

today, all day
every time i looked at the clock
it was 22 after the hour
and just now
the page in a book about
Goddesses
her name is Epona
i liked her right away
she is a Celtic healing goddess
who is celebrated with her own festival in Rome
wouldn't you know
loves all things kids and animals
miss ellie, miss ellie! you're home, you're home!

well, it made me jump when i saw the number on the page

a 22!
with an
E??
for ellen??

and Ezila
a Haitian goddess of love,
some voodoo for yoo-oo
she cries for the *shortness of life*
me too, I cry everyday.
still.
and dancing, she loves to dance
in my head, i hear that black chick
telling me in that club in NYC:
"you sure dance good for a white girl!"

22zz22zz22zz22zz22zz22
zackzoezackzoezackzoe
please tell me how i knew?
it tick tocks
back and forth
in its comfortable state
its no wonder
i got me some rhythm

its freaky
or maybe its not
this rhythm of ME
i feel like i am being sucked into the vortex
the culmination of ME,
is it?

i've made the right choices
just chugging along
i am blessed, yes indeed
just when i needed it the most
is it all preordained, the dates been set?
When will the tick tocking stop?

A 22 you know it will be
but will it be
the minute

the date

the year?

2022

mmm, that sounds good. I'll take it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... interesting.
My birthdate: June 22
My grandma (dad's mom): June 22

my number is 454; the code for my direction
i think 2022 is about right.
don't you?

don

10:39 PM  
Blogger ms. hungry heart said...

see what i mean??

its 16 years....i can live with that

good to hear from you!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1