The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Silver Linings

as grammy does not dust,
its ironic that its the only thing i do
(and windex as well)
she comes every week for bathrooms and such
a breath of fresh air
an intense comfort for me
like the silver lining
in the NORMAL range in platelets
whouldn't you know?
its the chemo, its the chemo
it wrecks havoc on some
fortunately, not me.

it works like a clock
all falling into place
the rhythmic back and forth
its on sync
i have to have
FAITH
that things will work out
as best as they can
Mother Nature has given me a gift its true
and instinct so real
loving and kind
i've got proof!

my left brain damage
the rightside loudly chugging along
CREATIVE
its says, calling out to me
so whats the rush to get it
DONE?

its clippings i cut
and designs i design
looking for a way to express who i am
the rush that seems to overtake me
in my quest to break free
i am dubious at best
cautious at worst
i can visualize my display
at the store
does that count?
do i see it from heaven
or in person, right up close?

do i really intend that
a symbol, a talisman, a legacy,
a composite of
ME
as my new goal?
my mission seems cloudy
so its hurry up and
DIE,
or is it?

i heard heaven calling me the other nite
it scared me like crazy
so i just said
NO!

the drive is the difference
with reconnections with
MORE old friends from the past
countless others coming back
from out of the blue
has humbled me greatly
to hear their words of praise:
"you've made a huge impact on my life,
and i wear it with pride!"
i've inspired them greatly
thinking of me
e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y
come on admit, you know its true
i've made an impression in each of your lives
an imprint
an essence of who i am
i'm likeable
i'm lovable
and i care about YOU
feel all MY love
as i send it to YOU!


--------------

Dr D today gave me a big old squeeze, and told me what a trouper i am. how proud he is of me! imagine that!?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The doc is not the only one who is proud of you sweetie.

YOU have made more than just an impact on my life...just about one year ago YOU showed me the way out of a dark, scary place and saved my life. I felt the care and the love that is in you way before this latest set of events unfolded. YOU are something very special. Keep the faith baby.

Oh, and not only are you likeable and loveable...you are downright adorable as well *wink*

G

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1