The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

my radiation team

i'm gonna miss those guys. i brought them chocolate Kisses yesterday, with a note of thanks.

everyone else i sat in the waiting room with, said how they never wanted to see them again.

i, on the otherhand, felt like they were my safety net. as long as they were zapping my brain, i knew *IT* wouldn't come back. now, i just have to wait and see. could be months, could be years....

i am in a hold-mode till mid january when i get another MRI. that will give us a better indication of my status....then more follow-up MRIs several times a year....unless i start acting 'different'.

the chemo will continue indefinitely.


-------------
sad news: a permanent fixture and fellow old town alexandria merchant (a fun xmas store), that i worked around the corner from for the past +/-20yrs....died this past week. guess from what? brain cancer. she had grandkids tho....lucky her....

were it not for my girlfriends, i shudder to think how miserable i would be....they really lift my spirits! the emails, the calls, the dinners, the feeling of LOVE i get. i actually went for days without crying. it felt good. now, not so good. i feel scared and vulnerable....waiting for the other shoe to drop.

why oh why does it have to be the fastest growing brain tumor....grade 4 (the highest)...not 1, 2 or 3. oh no, that would be too comfortable....give me some breathing room....


argh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1