The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

the rest of my life

from here on out
from this point forward
i shall try to LIVE my life as best as i can
make the commitment to being well
eating right, consuming all my minerals and supplements
be all that i can be, for as long as i can
as long as it takes
(2022)

yet i find myself
impatient
unable to understand or convey
how i feel
by all the attention, the accolades, the words of praise,
and all the worried faces
the words escape me
even my poetry has waned

does this mean I don’t have the words
inside me
to understand just
what is next?

Or have I yet to understand the bigger picture,
the here-on-out
what awaits me in the
distant,
and not too distant future?
i wish i could see that far....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1