The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Monday, March 12, 2007

eco-systems

outside my kitchen window
exists an entire eco-system full of life
sparrows, doves, finches
there is one with a pretty yellow head

the bushes provide their roost
for the families who reside there
a brilliant red cardinal snoops around
wifey must not be far away,
as cardinals mate-for-life
you know.

one bird feeder at each end
in the summertime we hang
the hummingbird feeder
big, bright and red
it hangs in the center
entertaining us
we all stop what we're doing
and watch
i love it when they
zzzip around

our table sits inside
right under the window
i have been spending
many hours there
sitting, watching

waiting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1