The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

checking in....

in some respects, i feel better
not nearly as weak as before
i can get up out of a chair
and i can climb stairs too
mostly
i couldn't do that a month ago!

i've been wearing jeans
and fancy sweaters
as opposed to sweats and sneakers

i've passed a short-term goal too:
little kitten high heel shoes
bronze and cute and pointy
ok, i did fall in the kitchen
just that one time...


but i always have the obligatory HAT
sometimes its a baseball cap,
others its my snazzy black cowboy hat
but its always there...on my head.
i don't want to scare anyone

i've done much of my holiday shopping on line
stuff is being delivered daily.
it sure has made life easier!
but the holiday cards are still not done,
how do 'new years cards' sound instead?
i have a lovely pix of my kids
along with hand-made multi piece
red stone and silver inspirational charms
as a thank you to all my
god and goddess friends
for their love and support
i am determined to get them out too!
zoe and i are assembling them--
not to be confused with the new line
i am designing for the store


but the truth is:
i have grown so weary of telling everyone
about the status of my health
over and over again
the same words
to different people
they as look at me
with big sad eyes.
STOP feeling sorry for me
pitying me
worrying about me,
and my kids

lets talk about something else!
Ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1