The Hungry Hearts Club

here we all are. alone, yet together, in cyberspace. join my life in progress as it continues to unfold. Me, my hungry heart, my life, and yes, My suddenly appearing, fast growing, Brain Cancer: the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

the past 6-8 weeks...

...have been a blur.

i am limited in what i can do
driving a car is out of the question
i feel like a caged animal
pacing back and forth

my hair is just lovely
i gag everytime i look at it
scaaaary

started with my course of chemo
1 week on (double dose)
3 weeks off
i hope it goes better this time
than it did last.
i was hurling so hard
i had to put myself
out of my body
just to get thru
the first couple of nights.
then i got a new anti-nausea med
and things from there on out
seemed to be ok

but, everything tastes metallic
i can only eat
a little at a time,
then i want to hurl again.
casseroles, casseroles, casseroles
its not that i want to hurt
my goddess friends feelings,
thats the last thing i want to do
i am just sick of chicken casseroles
and lasagna
chicken and tomatoes and rice or noodles
it must be the acidity in the tomatoes
i shudder everytime i put some in my mouth.

i am grateful to each and everyone of my friends
but i am so tired of talking about *this*
everyday is different
yet always the same
my handwriting is different
(everything is a mess)
i have short term memory loss
(must write stuff down immediately)
i move slow
i have a tendancy to veer to the right
i don't feel steady on my feet
my hands are shaking terribly
(try putting on nail polish with shakey hands!)

like a marionette puppet
someone is controlling my strings
from way up high
i don't feel grounded
at all
i am all wobbly
if you didn't know,
you'd think i was drunk.
they say its the side effect of radiation
burning my brain cells

i signed up for a yoga class
with mother-in-law.
bless her heart she has been
doing yoga for 50+ years.
she is the most centered person i know.
my inner core is out of wack
i need something to make it right
i am afraid i am running out of time

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...but i am so tired of talking about *this*..."

SOOOO...let's talk about other stuff! I just sent you an e-mail.

XOXOX

G

P.S. I got the envelope. :-)

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HNT_1